[OM] Problems with olympusamerica eBay auctions

Subject: [OM] Problems with olympusamerica eBay auctions
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 14:14:09 -0400
Well, now I've had trouble - inexplicable trouble. Following are two emails
to them today.

----------------------------

Hi -

There are serious problems with two items I have bought recently from you on
eBay.

Items #2942538758 and #2942538361 do not appear to be Olympus filters as
advertised. Both appear to be no-name filters - they are in no-name boxes
and are marked simply
    "49mm    1A     JAPAN"

Both of these were entitled in your auctions
   "OLYMPUS 49MM 1A Skylight Filter OM Camera"

They also appear thicker than Olympus filters, and are loose in their
mounts.

Regards,
Andrew Gullen

----------------------------

Hi -

I BIN'd item 2943383509, advertised as
    "OLYMPUS 55mm Circular Polarizer Lens Filter"

It arrived without the usual Olympus box in a vinyl folder, and is marked
simply
   "55mm Circular Polarizer Japan"
   "OLYMPUS America Ltd."

That is, it is not marked as usual for Olympus Japan.

It does not appear to have a "Tokyo Item#": on the back of the folder there
is a label giving this datum as just "CLEAR VINYL FILER" (typo in the
original).

It is not clear to me that this is a product of Olympus Japan. Could you
clarify?

Regards,
Andrew Gullen