[OM] OT new OT thread caramate ???'s

Subject: [OM] OT new OT thread caramate ???'s
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 16:42:08 -0300
Okay, I quit eating Tim Horton's walnut crunch donuts last January when the
doc put me on a diet. Their coffee is terrible.
And IMNSHO, sexual orientation of gays is not an orientation at all, but a
deliberate ..... okay, okay, I won't go there.
And I still don't own a digital camera of either C*n*n or N*k*n or F*j* or
Olympus or any other variety, so am very interested in all the advice and
opinions there are to be had. I really hate researching about them myself,
but hope to be jumping into a digital of some type in the near future.  So
keep the all info and sample pics coming, thanks.

So, to stick to the required off-topic topics, does anyone have any advice
or experience with one of these Caramate beasts? Here is an example of what
I mean:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2944906436&category=15256
They seem to go by on epay quite often, for reasonable bids and outrageous
shipping costs (and mostly to the US only). They look like something I might
be able to use in the church entry area, to give folks a chance to watch
some slides, without them feeling unable to escape from a complete slide
show, and to give something to watch in those in-between times.
I have a couple of concerns, one is the square screen. How does that work
with horizontals and verticals? The other is the small size of the screens.
They seem to vary in sellers descriptions from about 8" sq. to about 10" sq.
As another option, does anyone have any advice or experience in setting up a
rear projection screen?
Thanks,
Wayne