Re: [OM] Zuiko 90/2 vs. Tamron 90/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 90/2 vs. Tamron 90/2.8
From: Terry and Tracey <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 13:23:35 +1000
I'm a bit late getting in on this thread, but  I was surprised it stayed on
topic for so long. 8-}

I have the original Tamron 90mm F2.5 49 mm filter thread. Great lens, built
like a tank. Don't leave it in the water though, it gets fungus.

I noticed it's colour rendition was different to the Zuikos.

If I had my time over I would buy this one again. Not the 52 mm thread one,
just for filter reasons and this one is so solid you could wind out the
focus ring and jack up your car.

If I was taking more photos I would sell one (or more) of the children and
buy the Zuiko - one of the benefits of being anally retentive. Despite that
I love the Tamron. I take more than half my photos with it (though I don't
take anywhere near enough lately).

An excellent report Walt. Thank you. I've saved it for posterity.

Foxy

P.S. Buy two kids, get one free!