Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Medium Format site again...

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Medium Format site again...
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:47:27 -0400
I have no problem getting to medfmt.8k.com. Perhaps it was down briefly? I'm
glad it's there, as it provides volumes of info regarding medium format
gear. Having jumped in with both feet for the Mamiya M645 system, I find it
quite informative.

OM content: (sort of) I consider the M645 the OM-1/2 of medium format.
Simple, straighforward in design and use. Depending on prism used can be
aperture preferred match needle metering or auto shutter. It can even be
non-metered like so many dead-meter OM-1s. No matter what prism is used,
it's more like the OM-2 in that shutter speed is electronically controlled.
My OM experience has made this exploration intuitive.

-Mickey