[OM] Re: Zuiko 90/2 vs. Tamron 90/2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 90/2 vs. Tamron 90/2.8
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 00:30:18 +0800
I really love my Tokina. I think the Zuiko 90mmf2 is got a bit better bokeh, but not a $600 better bokeh; So I agree there. Sharp?? HA!! It's __S H A R P__ I love mine. I wouldn't trade it for anything, even the Zuiko 90mmf2! That's how much I love my tokina 90mmf2.5. I use it for head and shoulders shots, and it's sharp as well (gf says too sharp). But I drop it to f2.5, and it's a bit soft, but you get good background blur and the bokeh is decent. Can't go wrong with the tokina or Tamron. Albert Wayne Culberson writes:
I'll agree on the Tokina also. I've found it sharper than the Zuiko. That
might
make it too sharp, which some say is a bad thing.
Those spending 5 or 8 times the Tokina price usually have to come up with
some
"you get what you pay for" bokeh type comment that is simply incorrect
here. The
difference of F2 - F2.5 is not anywhere near $600 (or more). Larry Geilfuss Charles wrote:
> Wayne, I don't think you would go wrong with the Tamron nor with the
> Tokina/2.5 Macro. I have the latter and love it. Albert speaks very
highly
> of his as well.
>
> Charlie Geilfuss

Rather than the Zuiko 90/2, I'd probably have more fun with the Tokina 90mm
and a new Oly 5050 for about the same price. But can't afford them all just
now.
Wayne