[OM] [Way OT] Pedantry

Subject: [OM] [Way OT] Pedantry
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:56:38 -0400
I sent the following message to Bill Hunter privately:
I said you were approaching "haughty" before... and haughty pedantry is
what you're displaying now.  I'm sure you know what it means but I doubt
that you can recognize it in yourself.  You are clearly a superbly
educated person technically but you seem to be lacking a bit of social
graces in dealing with your fellow man... er, listees.

As I said before it's not what you say but how you say it.
Bill responded:
Please extend the courtesy of replying to the list, not to my personal email address for unsolicited communications.
Sincerely,
Bill Hunter
It had gotten to the point that I found Bill's pedantry very trying and even insulting to long time and respected list members. I sent this message privately since I believe that's the proper forum. However, it appears that Bill wants it (and me) exposed to the list so here it is. I will post no more to the list on this subject and refrain from bothering Bill at his private address.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA