Re: [OM] ( OM ) Sharp photos etc_was_Manfrotto 293 Blues

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Sharp photos etc_was_Manfrotto 293 Blues
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:15:41 +1200
Hello Fernando

Sorry about the use of an old english expression.

For something to be a "cracker" in that way, it means that it is really really
good.

I was going to ask you about the long lens support and what you decided.

Yes, it does angle down. But that it not a problem if it is used on the strong
and heavy Manfrotto 3047 3-way pan-tilt head. It is easy to make a
correction for the angle and still preserve proper levelling and pan functions.

It is a little more difficult if you want portrait orientation instead of
landscape
orientation (in other words, have the long sides vertical). In that case the
front
 of the support can not rely so much on gravity to achieve the desired results
of stability and vibration reduction.

Sincerely,   Brian Swale