[OM] digicam for meteor shower pics?

Subject: [OM] digicam for meteor shower pics?
From: Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:15:01 -0700
is it possible to use a digital camera to take pictures of the perseids? instead of burning a whole lotta film, i can just connect the camera to laptop, and control it that way and later sift thru for keepers. bonus points to keep me awake since i can WiFi to our net connection in the back yard. with the lcd off, camera should last a good couple hours. 35mm/f2.8 equiv. at 400ISO for 15 seconds. whaddya say? heck i might give it a shot (pun intended!) tonight, and then if things dont look well, get some film tomorrow. yea.

--
/S