Re: [OM] Sunpak flashes

Subject: Re: [OM] Sunpak flashes
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:41:12 -0500
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lee,

The following Sunpak units can run TTL-Auto with the OM's using the OT-1D module:
  120J TTL (shoe mount directly on flash bottom or remote with EXT-10 cord)
  555 (handle mount; requires EXT-11 cord)
  622 /Super/Super Pro (handle mount; requires EXT-11 cord)
  444D TTL (shoe mount directly on flash bottom)*

  * Don't know if this one can be remoted TTL using an EXT-10 or not.
    It can be remoted Normal-Auto with PC cord using STD-1D generic module.
    Obviously there's no "flash ready" when using the STD-1D.

Other dedicated Sunpak units:
  522 (discontinued; uses different module; OM = R.S. OT-5)
  144D (uses a switch ??)
  2000DZ (uses a switch ??)
  266D (requires specific variant; OM = #0278)
  433 AF TTL (AFIK there is no OM variant)
  433D (AFIK there is no OM variant)
  MZ-440AF TTL (AFIK there is no OM variant)
  PZ-4000 AF TTL (AFIK there is no OM variant)
  PZ-5000 AF TTL (AFIK there is no OM variant)

This may not be an exhaustive list; I've given all the ones I'm aware of. Included a second list of other Sunpak dedicated flashes that do not use the OT-1D in the event you see/find one.

-- John