Re: [OM] Tamron 180/2.5 2.5/180

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 180/2.5 2.5/180
From: P2CON@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:54:18 -0400
Hi Thomas,

For a tripod mount that will adapt to the Tamron 180/f2.5(with hood), try the
Manfrotto tele lens support #3420. It has a swivel mount for the body on an
adjustable tripod mount base with a vee support, (and velcro strap)at the front
to support the front of the lens. The Tamron lens is too short without a hood.
It will also work well with the Tamron 1.4 and 2.0 converters mounted and the
hood is not required. If you use the 2.0 converter on your 180 you can use the
Olympus tripod ring mount that comes with the 65-116 telescopic auto tube, it
fits nicely on the converter.

Regards, Paul Connet