Re: [OM] Velvia 100

Subject: Re: [OM] Velvia 100
From: Stephen Troy <sctroy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:30:00 -0400
>From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>I managed to get a roll of Velvia 100 back. I don't have any good
>examples but that won't prevent me from posting a link:
>
>http://www.julianalee.com/homes/2003/greenmeadow_120/train_station.htm
>(I don't think the Troy's have any competition - where's the train?)
>
>I need to look more closely side by side with Velvia 50, but with what
>I've seen it looks very good. I've read that some people don't like the
>color rendition as much as Velvia classic.

Jeff,

No problem.  We can photoshop a train into that shot lickety-split.

So far we've shot 45-50 rolls of Velvia 100.  What you hear seems to be
correct - color is not *quite* as saturated as Velvia 50 (but still a very
nice film, especially with long lenses where the extra stop is a plus!).
There's also a Velvia 100 available in Japan that's supposedly more like
the 50 than the Velvia 100F that we get here in the USA.  Can't say for
sure, though.

Steve Troy