Re: [OM] Best way to see dust in a lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] Best way to see dust in a lens?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:07:33 -0700
From a non-Zuikoholic viewpoint, all the substitutions seem reasonable except one. If making nature macro shots, auto tubes on a regular lens is a fine solution. For flat subjects, it will be less satiafactory than the 50/3.5.

Moose

Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

Oly content: Only one body in the Lama stable: OM-PC to be complemented from
the list below.  None is slower than f/2.8 and all of
them are sharp enough to use wide open.  One by one I've sold all of my Zuikos
(except for the 50mm f/1.8 MiJ !!) for less
expensive, faster, or sometimes sharper lenses.  I'm not saying I'm always
right and it might be Scales Syndrome: I like to see 'em
come and go.  You be the judge:

Zuiko 135 f3.5 -> Tamron f/2.5
Zuiko 100 f2.8 -> 90mm Series1 f/2.5 macro
Zuiko 50 f1.4  -> Zuiko 50 f1.8 MiJ
Zuiko 50  f3.5 macro -> auto tubes
Zuiko 28 f2    -> Tamron 2.8 (don't miss the faster one)