[OM] Sunpak flashes

Subject: [OM] Sunpak flashes
From: Hughes <hi100@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:24:12 -0700 (PDT)
Mickey wrote:

can the 120J -not TTL- be fitted with a module? Not sure how that works.
<<
I just bought an as-is sunpak 120J (non-TTL) from KEH. There is no obvious way
to remove the
tripod mount sensor foot (non-hot shoe), as you can with the normal Sunpak OM
adapters for other
flashes in the line.

You really need the slab battery packs if you want to use the 120's seriously
as the AA's are
underpowered for this flash. The flashes parabolic reflector has a somewhat
fragile mount that is
easy to damage. I have not owned the Quantum unit that looks rather similar in
style, but if you
are interested in the 120's you should definitely look at the Quantum unit as
it also has a OM
adapter and they make very solid products. It is also a more modern
micro-processor display unit.

Regards,
Tim Hughes