[OM] Re: MSblaster worm warning!

Subject: [OM] Re: MSblaster worm warning!
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:39:22 -0400
BEWARE, PEOPLE!

This damn thing has invaded my laptop, and it's a royal PIA to get
rid of.  Norton can't fix, quarantine or delete it.  There's all
sorts of rigamarole involved in undoing the damage it does.

I downloaded the latest virus definitions last Saturday and, as
usual, did a full system scan on Sunday (my computer's set to do
that automatically).  This thing started popping up Monday
afternoon, announcing that an error in a remote something or other
had occurred and that the computer would be shut down.  Then it
does a 60-second countdown, and, poof, restarts the computer.

So, if your virus definitions are more than 48 hours old, I would
strongly suggest you download the latest update.  The current defs
apparently will detect and repel this piece of crap.

I'd like to get my hands on the POS geek who wrote it.  This just
reinforces my long-time conviction that 10 percent of the people
in the world today are alive only because it's illegal to kill
them.  And I would happily make an exception for this creep.

Walt