Re: [OM] body repair

Subject: Re: [OM] body repair
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:53:27 -0500
Sounds like Bill Cosby and "OOPS!" -- I know what _I_ mean when I say
"tuning up", but what do _you_ mean when you say "tuning up"?  Are we
talking "gee, the meter is half a stop off compared to my Leic*", or is it
more like "well, the smoke cleared pretty quickly, but once the water dried
the meter doesn't work too well"?  8^p

Seriously, unless there's clearly something wrong -- i.e., an identifiable
problem with the photos or the reliable function of the camera -- I don't
recommend "periodic maintence".  In other words, my advice is the old
addage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".  But if it's doing something
wrong, get it to someone who knows OM-4's -- I can't tell you how many times
I've been told, "they said it needed a new circuit board/meter/whatever"
when the problem was wrong batteries or somesuch problem!