Re: [OM] Lens caps

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens caps
From: whunter <whunterjr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:11:18 -0400
VERY simple. Does food get moldy if left in the daylight on the kitchen counter? Room temp down to freezing and HUMIDITY. Humidity and humidity and humidity and...... Without moisture, spores can not propagate. Spores are EVERYWHERE. Dry container, even a cheap plastic 'bucket' or food tray with a snap top lid PLUS drying agent, i.e. silica gel which is CHEAP in bulk is the effective and complete answer. I purchase bulk silica gel and place in a cotton sock with a knot in the end. Easily regenerated. (NO!!!! I did not use the apropos for me and everyone else, but hate mail generating K-I-S-S.) Zip lock bags are great and I use them but not really protection against humidity. Share what I have learned the HARD way: need not be expensive, just effective and simple.
Bill