[OM] TOPE 15

Subject: [OM] TOPE 15
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:33:17 +1000
Gentlefolk, start your SUV engines!

By my reckoning TOPE 15 has started, at least in this
timezone:

http://www.millennics.com/olympus/tope/events.html

The "luck" of this for me is that we have chosen this
weekend to escape from all of the more obvious landmarks
here in the city to head up to The Hut (a.k.a John's Hut):

http://www.bluemts.com.au/johnsHut/Default.htm

...where the "Landmarks" are a bit less obvious.

I have some ideas though, but I'm not sure my tolerance
for cold will meet the dawn and/or dusk requirements of
my ideas (as mentioned, I tend to run my life like a New
Year's Resolution). My ideas run contrary to my tolerance
by hoping for some snow too (how's the heat up there in
Europe, folks?). Maybe I could argue that the harsh
noon light building such strong contrast and shadows in
my photos was artistic intent (or am I too late for that
excuse now? <g>)

Hopefully though I'll finally be able to submit only my
second ever TOPE (excluding TOPE 1).

Cheers
Marc (I don't do 'dawn') Lawrence
Sydney, Oz