RE: [OM] Lens caps

Subject: RE: [OM] Lens caps
From: Thomas Haegin <haegint@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:10:56 +0200 (CEST)
John,

I would say that your lenses sure will never grow any
fungus. Well, I kept my lenses WITH caps on in a dark
but dry place (camera bag basically), the first ones
since 1979. They too never grew any fungus.

As to filters, I personally think that a good quality
UV filter as protective measure makes sense, something
like a Hoya HMC or better even Super HMC. Of course,
cheap filters are to be avoided. Heliopan makes a
simple neutral protection glass filter (not filtering
anything), but also with their SH-MC (or S-PMC they
call it? ...superhard coating anyway).

You should sell your OM lens caps then, you could make
a bundle...  :-)

Thomas