RE: [OM] Re: Fungus data - reply to Dan

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Fungus data - reply to Dan
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 21:33:40 +1000
> Found confirmation that my homemade trick of fast drying of
> Silica Gel
> in a sock in a microwave is valid.  Simple answers, cheap
> insurance and
> huge ROI.

I was talking to a bloke tonight and he reckons silica gel can only be
dried out and reused a few times.  Is there any basis to this - I
assumed it could be dried and reused indefinitely ?

> Can send the plots if desired.

Yes, I'd be interested.

By the way, does the elevated temp kill the fungus or just inhibit it's
growth ?

What happens to the fungus at low temps ?

...Wayne