[OM] Coatings list

Subject: [OM] Coatings list
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:04:01 -0400
Lee's request for information about manuals and documentation made me think
that it's overdue for a call for lens coating data. I know there are a few
newbies on the list, and I'm sure a lot of regulars who have acquired some new
Zuikos. My records show the last update was done over two years ago, in June of
2001.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, there is a coatings list on
Lee's site, at
http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/LensXCoatings.txt which is a
list of approximately 600 Zuikos, their markings (including serial numbers) and
whether they are silver or black nosed, and single or multi coated. Some also
include a description of the colors of reflections off of the coatings.

If you will please send to me a list of your Zuikos, including the following
information:

* Lens type (i.e. 50/1.8, 200/4, etc...)
* Silver or black nosed (if you keep filters on your lenses you might want to
take them off and check. I bought a used 24/2 that had a UV filter on it and
didn't realize for months that it was a silver nose until I removed the filter!)
* The text, verbatim, off of the front ring. Note that if the front ring
doesn't have a serial number, you will find it engraved around the rear of the
lens, around the mount. Please include the serial number if it;s located there.
* A description of the coatings. Remember that in general, and MC Zuiko will
show at least one faint green reflection.

For those concerned about such things, I truncate all of the serial numbers so
the last two digits are "00", and all submissions are kept strictly
confidential.

Please send this info directly to me at pschings@xxxxxxx I will forward the
results to Lee so he can post them on his site.

Thanks,

Paul Schings