[OM] That other Bill's travel...

Subject: [OM] That other Bill's travel...
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:07:57 -0500
Bill Barber,

You're nuts. Or at the very least, in a lot better shape than me! As a
veteran of quite a few vacations, I can tell you that each time, the packing
gets lighter, and not just in cameras. try this:

21, 28-48, 90, one or two bodies. An XA. That's it. Maybe a strobe, maybe
not. (I don't travel with a tripod, too much agravation. Come to think of
it, I've been places where other travelers with tripods have been
agravating.) See the newest Lenswork for the editor's take on too much vs.
just a little equipment.

Remember, this is a vacation. I've traveled with this outfit alone
(substitute 85 for 90, one body) and been just fine. I did Lisbon and
Barcelona with OM/21/28-48 and an Xpan wth 45/90, and hardly used the 21.
Shots were, if anything, better. Did one of my Florence trips with just the
Xpan/45/90 (don't hate me), and got some great results.

Enjoy the trip, especially the adult beverages the Irish are so famous for,
except, in cases of unusual hot weather, the very dark beer.

Bill Pearce