[OM] Vivitar Macro Teleconverter on UK Auction Site

Subject: [OM] Vivitar Macro Teleconverter on UK Auction Site
From: "CyberSimian" <CyberSimian2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 07:35:52 -0000
If you live in the UK and have been thinking of getting a macro
teleconverter, now might be a good time to buy!  Seller Tapwack on the UK
version of That Auction Site evidently found a small cache of brand-new
Vivitar Macro Teleconverters, and has one for sale at the moment (3 days to
go):

<http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2945424743&category=33
44>

I bought one on Monday, which I received yesterday (Thursday), and it really
does seem to be brand new -- original box, packaging, papers, pouch case,
and still sealed in polythene bag complete with a packet of silica-gell
dessicant.  I BIN-ed it for 25 UK pounds, which seemed a reasonable price to
me (not sure how that compares with prices eleswhere).

The Vivitar is a 7-element macro teleconverter, and has only three screws on
the lens mount, so is compatible with OM3/4/T/Ti cameras.  The image it
produces seems fine, but don't expect a flat field if you photograph at 1:1
reproduction ratio with the aperture wide open!

The seller says UK only, but if you reside elsewhere it might be worthwhile
asking him if he will sell abroad.  I have no connection with him other than
as a very-satisfied customer.

-- from Cy in the UK