Re: [OM] Marseille? Any hints and/or ideas what to bring?

Subject: Re: [OM] Marseille? Any hints and/or ideas what to bring?
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 01:13:18 +0200
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:29:01 -0400
"Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I may be taking a trip to New Zealand and considering the overseas
> travel and all the other luggage, I've decided on my minimal kit:
> OM-2 for print films (15-20 rolls of various nature)
> OM-4 for Provia 400F (20 rolls)
> lenses: 17mm Tokina, 24mm Zuiko, 100mm Zuiko, 35-105 Zuiko, 75-205
> Vivitar, 500mm Soligor
> Mamiya M645 with undetermined number of rolls of Velvia 100F and
> others 55mm, 80mm 150mm and 50mm shift
> Manfrotto 3021BN legs and 486RC2 ball head
> various filters, lens cleaners, batteries, gaffer's tape, odds and
> ends All but the tripod stuffed in a Tamrac Extreme series
> backpack.
>
> Do you think I can get by with that?   ;-)

Sure you can....how many assistants do you bring to carry all that?
:)

I've only once gotten away with bringing the MF kit somewhere where
we did not have a car along. Boy, did I ever regret that.....

--thomas

ps: I think you need to add something in the 300mm range, and no trip
is complete without the 1000mm....