Re: [OM] An opinion...

Subject: Re: [OM] An opinion...
From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:54:09 -0700
Lee,

While you hav e been around a lot longer, I might repsectfully point out that the list is titled the Olympus mailing list. If it is intended to be OM only then the title is a bit misleading. Additionally, as long as I have been around (only three years or so) folks have always represented the list as being open to any Olympus discussion. There has, however, been much debate about topics outside that rel;m, sometimes rather heated as I recall.

Personally, I don't object so much to the off topic discussions, I can weave my way around them as I please. I do have a problem when discussions get uncivil, or sometimes even doneright vicious and mean spirited.

Others certainly might disagree, and I do admit the list would be more useful if there were less off-topic discussion. The number of messages has really grown since I last participated regularily, and it appears that most of the growth is in off-topic chatter. I think that your idea has some merit. Perhaps as off topic comments take on a life of their own and become full blown threads they should be moved off list.

Jim Couch