Re: [OM] printer woes

Subject: Re: [OM] printer woes
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 14:34:22 -0700
To quate from Kennedy's 8/14 post:
"Yes, its an Epson nasty that - an intended non-user serviceable part which times out. The printer counts the number of cleaning cycles and on/off cycles and, when a preset number has been reached, it just locks the printer up and it "must" be returned to Epson or a service centre for "repair". Since this is undeclared in either the user manual or at the point of sale it would appear to fall foul of numerous trading regulations worldwide, but I don't know of anyone who has instigated proceedings against them yet, but its only a matter of time as it was with chipped cartridges.

In the meantime, a free Russian program is available which will defeat the cartridge chip and the waste ink dump software locks on most Epson printers. You can get it from http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Unfortunately the 2000P seems to be one of the printers it doesn't directly support, but it does operate with the 2100 and 1270/80/90 and some of those may function with your printer. "

Go to the site for info on individual printer models.

Moose

Mickey Trageser wrote:

I must have missed something. What Russian program? Where can it be found?
Does it work with the C82?