Re: [OM] USD1100 for a Zuiko 90mm f/2 macro?

Subject: Re: [OM] USD1100 for a Zuiko 90mm f/2 macro?
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 20:50:35 -0400
Yes, it was purely just your particular example however it might have looked
cosmetically. Your results really don't match anyone elses. I, myself, did that
same test idea using a friend's zuiko and got opposite results. The perfortmance
of the Tokina is generally better.

The decision of investing the spare $700-$800 one might have no other need for
is for the wider aperture of f/2 as opposed to f2.5.

The Tokina & Vivitar lenses are of similar performance and have an optical
matched extender, as opposed to a tube like the Tamron. Though  the Tokina lens
slightly edges out the Viv lens, the Vivitar extender has a tripod mount unlike
the Tokina. They are the same optical formula, so the Viv extender will match
the Tokina.

Larry