Re: [OM] Re: An opinion...

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: An opinion...
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:06:16 -0400
Some rambling thoughts:

Perhaps it would be helpful if we had a FAQ to explain how to search the
archives. It would be unfair just to yell at someone to search the archives
while there is no integrated system to do so.

I think concentrated effort to not only provide an accurate subject, but to
stem the creep of subject matter within a thread would be beneficial. I
sometime miss entire threads because of a change in discussion without a
subject update.

It is very difficult to specify what exactly is OT. In a purist sense,
printer discussions are OT because they don't apply to the OM Maitani
vision. Computers, printers and scanners hadn't been thrust into the home at
the time of the OM design. To say that it's important to so many of us
because of current technology and therefore puts it 'on topic', well that
puts us at the discussion of what is 'on topic' on this OM list? I am not
the purist that demands everything be directly related to the OM system. I
do not prefer that OT be bannished from the list. I don't want to see photo
related but yet non-OM related discussions removed. I don't care if someone
mentions Nikon, Canon or Fuji without the silly astericks. I like the
suggestion to employ a few more prefixes in the subject line such as
[DIG](digital), [PRT](printer), [SCN](scanner), [FLM](film), [LMM](losing my
mind) etc. Can it be enforced? No. Can it be helpful? Yes for obvious
reasons.

We're all adults. We have likes, dislikes and even tempers. We are at many
different stations life, age, education, income levels and OM experience. We
type words on a screen that can be interpreted in many ways by folks of
different cultures and different primary languages. We learn from one
another. Both regarding our cameras and life experiences. We're here because
of the OM connection.  If we keep that forward in our discussions, and
recognize the rich diversity of experience on board, we will all benefit.  I
really think we'll be just fine if we can do that.

The soapbox is now available to the next person in line..

-Mickey