Re: [OM] eBay search problems

Subject: Re: [OM] eBay search problems
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 16:19:19 -0400
Haven't noticed that.

"@0..." used to mean "one of ...."
"@1..." used to mean "two of ...."
"@2..." used to mean "three of ...."
and so on. That doesn't work any more.

Also, it seems to quit when too many search TERMS are used, positive or
negative.

>From power failure to imagination failure....
tOM

On Sunday, August 17, 2003 at 16:00
fred42@xxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tom,
>
> By this are you referring to the changes re wildcards? I found that
> you can no longer search using a wildcard on just a single number. So
> a search for OM 2* would have the 2 removed (note the space between
> the OM and the 2). And the same is true of two letter searches such as
> OM* . I have written to eBay regarding this problem and got no
> response. It just seem to have been introduced recently without
> explaination as to why it was necessary. Obviously it hinders the more
> general searches for all OM bodies say. But that said there is often
> only 500 or so listings so work through each week in the Olympus SLR
> 35mm category.
>
> Dan.

---- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur ----
   ,__@ tOM Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:+1-775-307-4133
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)                ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714
safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too
much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
-Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826)