Re: [OM] OM-10 battery cap query

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-10 battery cap query
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:41:10 -0500
I _knew_ I shoulda kept my mouth (keyboard?) shut!

When Olympus changed from the original metal bottom cover (w/2 screws) to
the "plastic" bottom (w/3 screws), they also changed the battery cap, making
it just a tiny bit (0.2mm) thicker to keep it flush with the bottom.  On the
original cap, part number CE212800, the "+" symbol, "10", and weep hole are
all on the same axis, with the weep hole at the top.  On the later cap, part
number CE215700, the weep hole was moved from 12 o'clock to 9 o'clock.  They
are interchangeable, though -- either works fine.