Re: [OM] Pictures at the beach question

Subject: Re: [OM] Pictures at the beach question
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:51:55 -0700
At 02:44 PM 8/19/2003 +0800, you wrote:
I recalled my friend said I had to compensate when taking pictures at the beach... I assume for the reflection of the sand, but don't recall..

So do I want to stop down 1 stop?  Or I want to open 1 stop?
Albert

The sand is like the snow, just slightly darker, unless the sand is really white. So just set the exposure compensation to be about +1 to +1.5. If you shoot print film, there should be enough latitude. If you shoot slides, the darned highlight will be blown out and everything will look mute :-(