[OM] Re: ( OM ) manuals

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) manuals
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:33:23 -0400
Cc: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:24:54 +1200 you write:
>Hello Lee,
>
>The cameras may be ostensibly the same, but the manuals differ.
>
>For example, the OM20 manual refers to the OM20 camera and doesn't
>mention the OM G. I have no idea if the internal details otherwise differ.

Of course.

>I also don't know if you want to have a complete collection of the manuals; I
>was just letting you know I have one, since you asked the group for manuals.

No, I wasn't asking for manuals per se, I was asking for the following:

Item Covered            Manual Type (eg Instructions)   Date Code Pages

See:
http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/manuals.list

We're trying to build a cross-reference list of all Olympus OM system
manual versions, not an archive of the actual manuals themselves.

>The offer remains open and if you want this; either a copy or for a loan for
>you to copy, please advise. I'd prefer to do the copying here if it is a copy
>you want, since I am likely to give the manual to my son this year with a re-
>furbished camera.  I can do a magnified copy on a U-BIX copier.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer, but there is no need.  If you could send
me the data from the manual in the format of the manuals.list file,
though (along with the data from any other OM manuals you might have) it
would be a useful addition to the list.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
--Lee