Re: [OM] snappy snaps photo dev. chain in UK

Subject: Re: [OM] snappy snaps photo dev. chain in UK
From: Philip Pemberton <philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 23:09:44 +0100
In message <3F40B62E.2070809@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> getting your film inspected by hand is
> definitely OK at Stansted and Gatwick, and I think it would be OK at
> Heathrow but the last time I carried film through there was a year ago.
It's certainly NOT OK at Manchester. I got told that I "could either co
operate or [they'd] have [me] arrested" (!). I pointed out that I had
fragile computer and photographic equipment (a laptop, a palmtop, three rolls
of Kodak film and my OM10) that were sensitive to Xrays. Despite the
"Passengers with photographic and/or computer equipment may request a hand
search" sign on the side of the baggage scanner, the security droid refused
to allow this to happen. In fact, he actually moved over and tried to cover
the sign on the side of the scanner (!)
So much for "the customer is always right"...

Later.
--
Phil.                              | Acorn Risc PC600 Mk3, SA202, 64MB, 6GB,
philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx              | ViewFinder, Ethernet (Acorn AEH62),