[OM] metering examples

Subject: [OM] metering examples
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:18:29 -0300
Here are some shots I took on Monday of this week on Grand Manan Island.
This is an example of what are difficult metering decisions for me.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1696325&size=lg
This one is of a fishing weir taken from a high rock cliff. It was full sun
in the middle of the day, not the best time for photos, but it was when I
was there. I spot metered with the OM2s off the unshaded area of the rock.
Something had to suffer, as the water was very bright and the shaded area of
the rock was quite dark.

This one is would have been much better had I been there early in the
morning. Maybe next year. So I did the best I could between balancing the
deep shaded areas of the rock with the sunlit parts. OM2s and 35/2.8. Here
is the same basic scene from a slightly different position, and shot just a
bit darker to keep the big rock in front from being too washed out.

This one ws spot metered off something that wasn't even in the picture.

Wayne