Re: [OM] metering examples

Subject: Re: [OM] metering examples
From: ll.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:50:01 -0400
In <008601c3671d$8d1b6080$7212a20a@waynecul>, on 08/20/03
   at 10:18 AM, "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>Here are some shots I took on Monday of this week on Grand Manan Island.
>This is an example of what are difficult metering decisions for me.

Faced with these difficult luminance ranges, probably the safest way is to
expose for the highlights and let the shadows fall where they may. Or take
two photos --
one for the highlights and one for the shadows -- and combine them in
Photoshop. Or use negative color film, again with the two-shot approach.