Re: Re: [OM][OT][FOOD?][VEGEMITE] What is it?

Subject: Re: Re: [OM][OT][FOOD?][VEGEMITE] What is it?
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:00:11 +1000
 > OT OT OT Vegemite? What's Vegemite? Vegetables in the form of mites?

Please consult the list archives, this subject has been discussed at length in the
past.  Do we *ever* get a new topic on this list ?

Wayne Harridge

Damn it Wayne - I take a couple of days off and you let them start a Vegemite thread. Good grief. For the record, it is toxic waste that is scraped off the inside of beer vats (Dead yeast), mixed with large quantities of salt and sold to the unsuspecting as a healthy product. Marmite, Promite and the rest are merely slightly less toxic versions of the same material. Australians are further deluded into thinking that it is something uniquely Australian (it's owned by Kraft) and can tolerate high doses (LD50 approx. 25g/kg) due to early and regular exposure. Now, stop it or we'll start exporting Dim Sims and Chiko Rolls as well - then you'll really have something to worry about (Weapons of Mass Indigestion).
AndrewF