[OM] 75-150 f/4 MC Exists..., not sure about 55 f/2 and 135 f/3.5

Subject: [OM] 75-150 f/4 MC Exists..., not sure about 55 f/2 and 135 f/3.5
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:13:40 -0400
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all:
See the following link:
http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/PDFs/75-150mm_f4.pdf

This is a parts diagram from Olympus for the 75-150 f/4.  It lists two
versions of the elements, a "C" version, which indicates "coated", and
an "NMC" version, which seems to indicate  "new multicoated".  From
looking through the parts diagrams Mark has on the page, it appears
Olympus had at least 3 types of coating:

C: single coating
LC: single coating (perhaps the same as "C"?)
MC: The original multicoating process
NMC: A newer multicoating process.

The sheets on this page for the 55 f/1.2 and 135 f/3.5 only show single
coated elements.  While I take this as a strong indication that there
weren't any MC versions of these two lenses, am I certain of that?
Absolutely not.  The parts diagrams on Mark's page may not be the most
current one for these lenses, which may mean a later versions were MC.
I know I am guilty of it myself, but as I get older, the more I realize
one has to be very careful before saying something is "absolutely not
true"... :)

Cheers,
--Lee