RE: [OM] Trip to Canada -Kelowna update

Subject: RE: [OM] Trip to Canada -Kelowna update
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:52:26 -0700
Pretty serious situation there as reported on the news last night. Out
of control huge fires all around and into the suburbs. Thousands being
evacuated or put on notice to be ready to leave at any time. Some entire
small towns were lost. There were road closures depending upon the fire.
Air quality was a serious problem as far away as Revelstoke and Golden
depending upon the wind. I would watch this situation very closely. At
this point I would stay at Lk Louise and skip BC. except for just over
the west side of the pass.

Mike
(who fought forest fires in a past life and has a great respect and awe
for the forces involved)