Re: [OM] Trip to Canada - Looking for: what to see; kit advise, specifi

Subject: Re: [OM] Trip to Canada - Looking for: what to see; kit advise, specifically tripod
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:12:36 -0300

> My company is sending me on the grand tour of Canada.  I start in Prince
> Edwards Island
(snip)
I have managed 4 days free time at the start, so the wife can
> join me on PEI.
(snip)
.  I'm looking for those "must do" type
> things for PEI
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

Joe, that is a pretty "depends" type of question as I'm not sure what you're
interests are, but here are a few suggestions for PEI.

Since your wife will be with you, you might want to take in the "Anne of
Green Gables" theatre production in Charlottetown, PEI. Also, the tourist
trap Anne stuff in the Cavendish area is usually interesting to the women
(Most females like the romance stuff, and it is a bit unique that young
Japanese ladies are especially intrigued with Anne of Green Gables.
Apparently they study the book in school or something, so you see a lot of
them visiting there)

If you like beaches, Cavendish Beach and the adjoining National Park beaches
are nice. Cavendish is usually the most popular.

I'm not sure how you're travelling, but if you are flying, you should take
the time to drive (rent a car, obviously) across the Confederation bridge
connecting PEI to NB. I think it is the longest bridge in the world, but
will likely be corrected by a dozen listees :-)

Wayne