Re: [OM] SC vs MC (how to tell them apart)

Subject: Re: [OM] SC vs MC (how to tell them apart)
From: whunter <whunterjr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:00:07 -0400
Amen.....
Know not of others, but as for me, just seeking the truth. The simple facts stated below when correlated with the date when these lenses were designed/manufactured factored by rapidly evolving technology to provide optical coatings to the commercial marketplace during that period do not need anecdotal embellishment. In various lists and citations, the color(s) of the lenses are recorded. So.......... but what does this mean other than evolving technology or even perhaps a lower priced vendor to coat a group of lenses. I simply seek to differentiate SC from MC. Do any of the books published on the Olympus OM era provide tables of factual data relevant to this issue?

Keep the comments coming re SC vrs MC vrs MCsupreme. However, either production data or sophisticated optical bench measurements are required for Sherlock to establish the facts.

If a reference section is to be maintained re the coatings issue, I nominate this post by Moose for inclusion.
Bill