Re: [OM] SC vs MC (how to tell them apart)

Subject: Re: [OM] SC vs MC (how to tell them apart)
From: whunter <whunterjr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:28:41 -0400
Concur that this reference is the best single source I have seen for understanding the 'Family of Zuiko'. As noted a few days ago, the picture at the bottom of this web page is perhaps the single best web rendering of exactly what you emphasized today about color, color, who's got the color!! At least as many as the 34 flavors joint..... I was most pleased to read your emphasis on evolving technology with time during the production of these lenses. Previously, 'hung' for that context, it is fact, not personal opinion. In truth most if not all of the Family of Zuiko is a long scale of technology, of which that impressed on the lens ring but a glimpse of the tip of reality. Fortunately, the remainder is 'submerged' in the lens and will not melt in your hand!!

Bill
Side note re SC / MC for the 135/3.5:
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympusom1n2/ shared/zuiko/htmls/135mm1.htm

The excellent pictures of both ends correspond to my 4XXXXX example. Compare the 'color' (for whatever it means) to similar images of the 135/2.8 on the previous page. More data, but paucity of answers and it sure don't taste like B & R!!!

Bill