[OM] Hummingbirds

Subject: [OM] Hummingbirds
From: whunter <whunterjr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 23:51:07 -0400
Believe this would be a wonderful non-OT topic whence to explore from both sides of the glass. The challenge of photography I posed to Dan is no small banana. From the other side, to bring what we see into focus as more than bytes, coats and sharpness, the hummingbird is one of the most fascinating physiological species on Spaceship Earth. If the heart rate of a mammal were circa one-half that of a hummingbird, it would be in fatal fibrillation!!! A great photographer must first understand the subject. To understand the hummingbird and what there is to see thru the glass is not OT. Shall be pleased to contribute what little I know on the physiology side. Teach me something about film and equipment within the reach of mere mortals for capturing.
Regards,

Bill