Re: [OM] 75-150 f/4 MC Exists...

Subject: Re: [OM] 75-150 f/4 MC Exists...
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 00:49:58 -0700
Well I have always wondered about the reflections myself. I have never really paid all that much attention. It seems to me that the colors could vary considerably depending on the light source. I guess I need to compare the colors to a know MC lens.

You are right Rich, MC/SC who cares - it is a wonderful little lens. the 75-150 was the first lens I bought (after the 50 1.8 that came with my orginal OM-1) I used the thing for many a year and carried it with me darn near everywhere - including many cycling and climbing trips. I finally pretty much beat and wore the thing out, replaced it with the current lens about a year ago. My current lens is much lower than yours or Mooses (323)

Jim

Moose wrote:

I have 2 75-150s (anybody need one?) with serial numbers 338,xxx and 492,xxx. Both have typical early design yellowish coating reflections throughout. While there are very subtle hints of other shades, they are nothing like the clearly differentiated colors of late SC and all MC Zuikos. If this lens is MC, the front ring has been changed.

Moose

and Rich wrote:

What's the serial no. range?  Mine is 471, XXX, and both looks new (not a
scratch, even on the mount, and the rubber is beautiful) and feels new
(buttery smoooooth zoom, focus, & aperture ring).  Arrived with a sky-1A
riding up front, always a nice sign that the front element was *probably*
protected most of the time.  No signs of dust or other scary stuff inside.
If this lens is more than just a few years old, it sure never got used much.
I just took it out in the sun, and see the purple and yellow, even orange,
but just can't seem to make out any green reflections.

MC or SC, it's wonderfully small & light, isn't it?  One of my main reasons
for becoming interested in OMs in the first place.

Rich