Re: [OM] Minolta 5400, was CH Ling's Portrait shots

Subject: Re: [OM] Minolta 5400, was CH Ling's Portrait shots
From: whunter <whunterjr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:26:52 -0400
If if came equipped at the going price with the roll film feeder and slide feeder as standard equipment, would purchase one today. There is NO argument re the performance standard of the 4000ED. I have done some scanning of medical images with a new Microtek 6800 which delivers paragon quality at this affordable cost. Unless enlarged to a very large size, two or three models of new flatbed scanners with the same ICE SW can provide superb performance with modest capital investment. On a matrix size comparison, the differences are moot. For the handling of slides and film, the 4000ED with some expensive accessories reigns supreme.

SUM: for those constrained by cost or who desire to wait for the next generation of film scanners, affordable flatbed units are NOT second class.
Best,
Bill