Re: [OM] Minolta 5400, was CH Ling's Portrait shots

Subject: Re: [OM] Minolta 5400, was CH Ling's Portrait shots
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 16:56:49 -0700
The Min*lta scan utility I use provides "the color depth can be selected
from 8 bit, 16 bit, or 16 bit linear". I use the 16 bit option. I saw a
number of newsgroup posts about compressing the image file but didn't
try to follow them.

I've read claims that manipulating an 8 bit image can result in problems
but that 8 bit is just as good for printing.

I've got a lot I need to learn about it.

-jeff