Re: [OM] Proof sheets from flatbed.

Subject: Re: [OM] Proof sheets from flatbed.
From: whunter <whunterjr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 21:06:50 -0400
All depends on what is on the roll of film and how I cut. Did not elaborate for fear of being accused of being trivial, etc.etc. Your question is legitimate, albeit simple to answer.

Realityville: most of the rolls when cut and obvious 'rejects' trashed never make it into the 'Seventh Column" (helllllp Moose - - wasn't this the name of some spy movie or.....). Thus, the issue becomes moot. In the event of cutoff/overlap, I simply do a second scan after moving the plastic filing sheet to allow overlap. My focus is on pragmatism, i.e. cost-effective, quality-effective and time-effective acquisition of proof sheets. When coupled with the extraordinary gray scale output of a good laserprinter (no extra investment) + free or < ten cent CDROM blanks, a second scan to acquire all is insignificant cost and optimally effective.

My comments were offered in the context of current chronology and marketplace economics to communicate that the 'Best' need not be prohibitively expensive. 'Esthetic Taste' is left to the individual.

Hope I have addressed the question this time.
Bill