[OM] Jammed OM4 - help needed

Subject: [OM] Jammed OM4 - help needed
From: Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 02:05:58 +0100
I was using my OM4 today when I looked through the viewfinder and could see that the focusing screen had come loose in the camera. I can see the edge of the screen and the frame that should be holding it clearly in the viewfinder. I cannot remove the lens to put the screen back in place. When I try, I can only turn the lens less than half as much as would be needed to remove it. The aperture is stuck in the stopped down position.

I thought that I might get somewhere by removing the film, opening the back and firing the shutter on B, but the shutter will not open.

Does anyone have any suggestions (other than send it to an Olympus repairer)?

Mike Bloor