Re: [OM] RF polarisers

Subject: Re: [OM] RF polarisers
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:51:52 +1000
The original Leica PL used a flipover approach - very pricey used and still not 'snapshotty'.
Easy ways -
A) Judge the amount of effect by turning and watching the effect on the metering. No preview but you can bracket. b) Match two Polas - a good one for the lens and a cheap one attached to a flash shoe. Calibrate both to maximum polarisation and mark them with white spots or cuts on the rim. Use one in the accessory shoe to preview, adjust the one on the lens to match. Kenko threatened to make a matched pair like this at one stage - I'm about to make my own. It's a slightly more convenient approach than the one below but still slow.
AndrewF