Re: [OM] Trip to Canada - Looking for: what to see; kit advise, specifi

Subject: Re: [OM] Trip to Canada - Looking for: what to see; kit advise, specifically tripod
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 09:53:32 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Scheese" <scheesjl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, 20 August, 2003 09:35 PM
Subject: [OM] Trip to Canada - Looking for: what to see; kit advise,
specifically tripod

> My company is sending me on the grand tour of Canada.  I start in Prince
> Edwards Island and finish at The Grand Okanagan Lake Front Resort in
> Kelowna, BC.  I have managed 4 days free time at the start, so the wife
can
> join me on PEI.  Once I leave PEI I have no free time until I'm finished
> work in Kelowna.  I'm planning on taking up to 6 days and heading to Lake
> Louise.  The wife will meet me there.

snip

We lived very close to Kelowna for eight years, before that for twelve in
Calgary and know the Kelowna / Banff / Lake Louise areas very well. Since
then we shifted four time zones east and are now within an hour of Prince
Edward Island and have visited there several times.

If you would like any specific recommendations on places to visit,
restaurants at which to eat, wineries to visit [British Columbia produces
reds and whites that will equal anything produced in California, Oregon or
Washington except Zinfandels!], roads to travel, hiking trails to walk,
viewpoints to visit, etc please let me know.

You will have plenty of OM photo opportunities. Ensure that you take a
polarizing filter ........ absolutely essential.

The major forest fire has so far destroyed about 250 homes in Kelowna but is
burning on the eastern edge of the city. If the fire reaches the Lake Front
Resort a city of 100,000+ will have been substantially destroyed and then
your visit there will almost certainly be cancelled. To date I doubt you
have anything to worry about.

John Hudson

  The only thing I'm committed to do is
> take the wife on a 3 day, 2 night horseback ride through the Rockies.
(Yes,