Re: [OM] Lens Advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Advice
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:00:30 EDT
In a message dated 8/25/03 4:01:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hi all:
>  I'm looking for folks who have experiences using any or all of the
>  following lenses.  I've seen test reports for all of them, now I want to
>  know what people who have actually used the lenses think:
>
>  Sigma 14mm wide angle (no Zuiko equivalent)

Hi Lee,
I've owned the 14mm Sigma for about 3 1/2 years now. As you stated, there is
no alternative in an OM mount. I've used mine for indoor work where I needed
something wider than an 18 and did not want the 16's fisheye effect. I've used
it outdoors for nature shots and some architectural work. No real negatives.
You have to be careful to eliminate flare and it focuses in the opposite
direction from a Zuiko. With a 14, however, getting focus is not too hard. I
like
the lens. It's well made, feels solid, and does what its supposed to do.

Gary Faulkenberry