RE: [OM] ebay: 65-200/4 zuiko zoom. advice?

Subject: RE: [OM] ebay: 65-200/4 zuiko zoom. advice?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:16:41 -0400
Richard replied:
My 65-200 is a very nice lens, and there is no fogging whatsoever.  Is a
case of rear element fogging really inevitable for my lens? Or am I just fortunate to have one of the few that is healthy?
And there were several others including myself that reported that our own versions were fine. CH reported going through several and never finding a good one. JH reported that it was a common problem with 65-200's. I suspect that what JH and Clint saw was, of course, the defective ones and what CH saw was the ones that folks decided to sell off after JH and Clint said, "sorry no more elements available".

I bought mine from George a little over a year ago. Apart from a tiny ding on the hood and what is probably a couple of paint flakes inside the lens looks like it's new.

It's for sale with 6 month no haze guarantee. I'm still out of work and I've got another half dozen lenses in this focal length range.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA